Monday, April 26, 2010

I'd be LOST without the Random

Word to the playas: Don't take these questions too seriously. Some of you are saying that I'm making these too hard. I'm not trying to be profound or complex; I'm just trying to avoid rephrasing, "What is your favorite flower" week after week. That calls for me to get creative. Sometimes "creative" is read "hard!"

And please allow me a mini-post because there are rumblings about my not writing real posts and relying on the Random too much. So I shall co-mingle a post and the Random, but fear not if you do not watch LOST. The questions are applicable to everyone.



How many episodes are left?

5/04 (Tue.)
5/11 (Tue.)
5/18 (Tue.)
5/23 (Sun., 2 hours)

It's worse than when I finally got state fair tickets to see Donny Osmond in 1973. I wanted to go so badly, but every day drew me nearer to the end of the event of a lifetime. Yes, a 10-year lifetime. For "Donny love" was big love.

Those of us who have watched every season are in anticipatory agony, a place of limbo, like an emotional purgatory (that's Lostie joke). We want to see what's next and have years' worth of our questions answered, and yet, we don't want it to end because then we will just grow up and Donny will marry someone else.

Oops. Wrong conclusion. But you know what I mean.

Or maybe you don't. You cannot know this angst unless you're a devotee. Anyway, if you are not a fan but know one, please be patient with him/her--we must obsess together or die watch alone (another inside joke I can't resist.)

And now The Random prompt for this week:

1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?

2. Have you ever been to an island?

3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?

4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?

5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)

6. What are you most afraid of?

7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?

8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?

9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)

10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.

11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?

12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?


For co-devotees:

Please bring back the old haircut. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment