Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Link Up & I'm Answering Today



1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?

I have trouble navigating the highway. Once I missed an exit and got so lost that I was sweating, praying and nearly crying. I had a baby in the back, and I was just sure we were going to end up in the Mojave Desert dehydrated to death. It was awful. I cannot tell you where I was going or how I got back; I have no memory of that. I just remember the sheer panic.

2. Have you ever been to an island?

I have been to Oahu and Anna Maria Island, FL. Loved Florida, Honolulu, not so much.

3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?

Thinker. Very analytical.

4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?

Shades of gray, except for some things which I know are clearly biblically black/white. Usually, though, I am able to see both sides of any disagreement or issue.

5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)

An anthology containing classic literature and Dave Barry.

6. What are you most afraid of?

Having cancer. Losing my children.

7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?

I would give up the past to enjoy the present and future memories forever.

8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?

My church, because I both work and worship there (so many hours a week I am at church!) my computer, because I blog and FB (So many hours a week I am at the computer!) and me running, because I love it (so many ... minutes ... a week I am running!)

9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)

It would be more intimate, more casual, more personalized. I was married in a Catholic church, and almost no decisions were personal. I had a book from which to choose awful organ music, for instance. I wore a great big poofy dress (1985--what else WOULD I wear??). I'd choose a more sophisticated dress now, completely personalize everything, maybe even do the beach thing, although it is cliche.

10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.

"Forgiveness is not about forgetting. It is about letting go of another person's throat." William P. Young (The Shack)

“Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” Mark Twain

"...Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us." Jesus


11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?

Reading a magazine or blogging on the Netbook. Watching cute children play.

12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?

I would hope that she still writes ... and writes better than I do. :)
I would hope she is also a believer and that she serves others better than I do.
I would hope that she has the ability to run like the wind!


No comments:

Post a Comment