Thursday, April 15, 2010

Friday's Fave Five & Flashback Friday

Facebook status updated at 8:21 am: Volcanic magma + glacial melt water + giant ash cloud bringing much of the world to a standstill = LOST. Is Charles Widmore behind this? Could Frank Lapidus fly through this? Is John Locke the ash cloud?



1. Hyacinths. I honestly didn't know how aromatic they are. They are also Diane's favorite flower. I took this picture. Proud of myself.


2. Jorge and I on the Greenway trail, riding bikes like we're young or something. Proud of myself.



3. Day 3 of "Wear a Skirt to Work All Week." I decided to tackle this goal because I was pretty sure I would succeed at wearing 5 skirts in a row if I really tried. I made it. This skirt is white eyelet. Proud of myself for not caving into capris or something.



4. Diane with a little visitor. She was a nurse in the neo-natal intensive care unit at this very hospital for years. I did not cry when I took these pics. Proud of me for holding it together. Diane has always been a sender of cards and loves to receive them. Her room is decorated with them. If you would like to send her a card, her address is:

Diane Ross
c/o Ball Memorial Hospital
2401 University Avenue Rm #5211
Muncie, IN 47303




5. Girls Group (GG) at the hospital. We've had some long hours with Diane there, precious, every one. Proud of these friends.


Even these two.





Linda asks us to reach back into the flashback files for memories of childhood activities, lessons, etc.

I took piano lessons for a couple of years when I was little, about 7 years old. I had a mean, sarcastic teacher, so I hated it. I did like to practice, however.

Flash forward to third child, a girl, who took to the piano. I made sure I found her a nice teacher, but she plays beautifully by ear, bringing me to tears often. Guess which child inherits the piano?

No comments:

Post a Comment