Monday, April 26, 2010

Just Another Rainy Day....

uggh!

We've been dealing with some pretty nasty weather here!

Tornado warnings, rain, more rain, overcast cool windy days....more rain.

It's enough to make me crazy. And worse as we had beautiful mid to high 70's and sunny the prior week with a mix of 80's. Shorts have actually been brought out!

So when the weather goes back to cold and yucky...it makes you feel yucky.

So to brighten this rainy day....let's start sharing and talking about Mother's Day given it's just around the corner and I'm already kicking it in gear with some projects!

Today project I really like....I'd love this gift....hint hint to my kids!lol I'll be making me my own!





Supplies:

Bo Bunny Alissa, Alissa Look at Me, Alissa Twirls, Alissa Adorable, Alissa Spunky, Alissa Kissable Papers, Bo Bunny Alissa Combo Stickers, Bo Bunny A True Princess Stickers, Bo Bunny Double Dot Aquamarine Ribbon, Bo Bunny Rubons, Glass, Diamond Glaze, Magnets, Altoids Tin

Recycle Tip: You never know where you might find your next project. I was out for a walk and came across the empty Altoids container. So I cleaned up the streets and found an excellent container. I used glass gems for the magnets. These are known as "vase fillers". I had a bag for decoration around the house and stole a few from my vase. Perfect as they have a flat bottom for adhering a magnet.



1)Trace lid onto backside of paper. Cut out and adhere to lid. Add paper strips, stickers as you desire.

2)Trace shape of glass onto papers. Cut out. Apply Paper Glaze onto flat surface of glass. Press paper onto glass and smooth out any bubbles. Wipe excess glue onto back of paper to seal paper. While wet...press small magnet on. Allow to dry.

3)Use Altoid tin liner to cut paper to fit onto bottom of tin. Adhere otno bottom. Decorate inside as desired. Add magnets in tin.



This craft is easy, quick and I can confess is very well received by the recipient!!

This is a new layout I made for the Bo Bunny blog. We worked off a set sketch.



These photos were taken of Parker last summer on our trip to Florida...St. Pete Beach! I have a 12 by 12 shadow box frame that I'm going to put the layout inside and add some shells to the bottom to sit on my hall table. It's makes me very happy to see Parker's face and the beach!! So it's a little Mom's Day treat to me!

And it wouldn't be my blog if I didn't talk about a movie or book. I've been reading like crazy...but this weekend two movies caught my eye. First up.....500 Days of Summer.

I'll confess I'm a big fan of Zooey Deschanel! Ever since I watched her in Elf...she won me over. This film...while I wasn't sure at first...I did enjoy. I knew it would not be a Scott movie...but it was sweet, cute...light...I'll give it a B-.

My favorite movie though without a doubt was Avatar!

WOWOWOW


WOW!

What an amazing movie!

I was riveted! Actually Scott, Haley, Connor and most of all....Parker were all glued to the screen too!!

It was such a good movie...the effects, the beauty, the story...it was completely entertaining. I honestly wanted the story to continue and to not stop.

I thoroughly enjoyed it!! I'd give it a A...pondering even an A+. {but I'm not always a big fan of Sigourney Weaver}

So that's my rainy day post.....Mother's Day craft, beach layouts movies and more!lol

See you soon for more Mother's Day craft ideas....

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment