Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Literary Pumpkins

UndertheTableandDreaming



Howdy everybody! Stephanie Lynn over at Under The Table and Dreaming is having a Halloween Pumpkin Parade Party! Who doesn't love a party? I thought I'd play along and show you what I did with some small faux pumpkins earlier this fall. I actually wanted to sell these at JunkFest, but given the amount of time they took to complete, I would have had to charge more than plenty for them.....so I KEPT them!





I've seen projects like this with sheet music, but since I didn't have any at the time, I used old book pages. I started by spraying the pumpkins with white spray primer. After they dried, I applied strips of book pages (cut with a pinking shears) using Mod Podge. This was almost disastrous! Would have been easier if I had three more hands!







After working in stages, completing half a pumpkin at a time, I painted the stems black.






Here I have a few of them displayed with tarnished silver, pewter, and black. Very monochromatic....with just a tiny pop of orange.

















LOVE this one with the leaves & curly stem....wish I had more of those! The stems on the others were too fake looking, which is why I chose to paint them.




Head on over to Stephanie Lynn's and check out all the other cool ideas on parade...then show us your pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment