Friday, October 22, 2010

Before & After

Shortly after hanging up my JunkFest hat, I found I was still pretty jazzed about "transforming" things. Since this is a rare occurrence, I took that energy right back out to my shop to work on one of the pieces I had saved for my very own (the best perk of JF)! My daughter needed a small cabinet for her apartment, so I eagerly gave her a little black stand that my husband "built" (I purchased) from Target. This left a gaping hole in my living room. Great timing, don't you think?





Now this dresser was in pretty good shape....had good bones. I knew it would provide the storage I needed, with a little TLC......"little" being the operative word. Once I start sanding, something comes over me and I feel the need to strip something down to the bare wood. Must stop that.






With Miss Mustard Seed as my inspiration, along with several other talented DIYer's in blogland, I decided to paint (gasp!) the body of the dresser, and stain the top. I know....how can I stand to paint that gorgeous wood, especially after all that stripping?! Well....look here to see why.

Copy Me Challenge






I'm thrilled with how she turned out! I do have to say that I loved the dark tone of the very old finish, and I probably could have stained it 8 more times, but I'm impatient.




A little glaze over the flat white paint, some paste wax over the top, cool hardware....and she's ready to show off her curves!



I like how the dark top and hardware pop next to my dark chair. And if you look closely, you can see the aged plaster on the wall. I was worried about the white dresser blending in too much with the wall. I'm good with how it turned out.



Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment