Thursday, October 28, 2010

At Odds

Been feeling a bit At Odds lately.  Kind of like I'm waiting for something but am not sure what it is or if I'll even recognize it when it comes! 

The book I'm reading for the book discussion is blah; I'm forcing myself to get through it.  Itsy Bitsy is still on the design wall; I'm at that unpleasant stage of sewing on point rows with lattices together.  I've been struggling with my weight loss program.  I don't know what I'm going to take to White Oak. 

It's dark in the morning when I get up.  And the past couple of days have been unseasonably warm, not the least bit end-of-Octoberish.  The Phillies aren't in the World Series.  Work has been alternating bursts of too much and too little.  Can't seem to get caught up with the laundry.  The phone has begun to ring with recorded messages from political candidates.  Things aren't going smoothly on the church committee.

Grumble grumble grumble.  Grouse grouse grouse.  In a week and a half the time will change and it won't be dark in the morning.  In two and a half weeks I'll be at White Oak, happily working on whatever I decide to take. 

Next month's book has gotta be more rewarding than the present one.  I could make the acquaintance of a new vegetable or two.  I could take Itsy Bitsy off the wall and dig out a different UFO.  I suppose I could cheer on the Giants.  I could take the phone off the hook. 

None of these is a Real Problem.  And it will all work out.  But meanwhile, I'm a bit at odds.

This isn't a COW post, the picture above notwithstanding.  That photo came up when I entered "at odds" into Google Images.  I kind of liked it, though I must say those two do not look at odds.  Not one bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment