Sunday, April 26, 2009

What Every Mom Needs for Mother's Day: Spilt Milk




I'm so excited! Spilt Milk is a brand-spanking-new devotional for moms written by my very own blogging buddy, Linda Vujnov!

Linda's blog, titled the same as her book--What? I haven't mentioned the title yet? Oh, excuse me; it's

spilt milk.


As I was saying, Linda's blog, titled the same as her book, is one of my very favorite bloggers. Her posts are succinct, funny, wry and observant. Her topics are wide-ranging, which I appreciate because my blog is all over the place, too. We are kindred spirits AND kindred Lids.

Linda is a very genuine person who should not be living 2,000 miles away from me in a place where the temp only drops to a balmy 55 degrees at night because that is just wrong.

Anyway, she sent me her book,

spilt milk.


and the best news of all is that she sent me one to share with you!!!

As I said, Spilt Milk is a devotional, so you're not supposed to consume it in one sitting, but I got about half-way through and had to pop up and write this post because of my Spilt Milk fervor.

On second thought, I don't think "fervor" and "milk" should be used in the same sentence because that conjures up images of curdling. But I do love this book, and I want to share it with you. If you'd like to receive a copy before Mother's Day for yourself or your own mother, please leave a comment after this post, and I'll choose a winner on May 2 and send it right off to you so that you get it in time. The reason I cannot draw before that is that I'm getting ready to leave for a conference and cannot work my Random Integer Magik from afar. But I'll do my best to get it to you before Mother's Day.

From the cover:

Spilt Milk is an inspirational devotional filled with hilarious stories that will encourage any mom. This book is an outstanding source of real life wisdom that will lead even the busiest of moms into a closer relationship with Jesus Christ. — Rick Warren, Senior Pastor, Saddleback Church

Rick Warren? Who's that?

I guess he wrote a book or something. But he's no Clinton Kelly, of course.

Description:
Laughter lightens the heart and helps you discover grace in the moment In a mother’s land of milk and honey, the milk is often spilt and the honey is usually smeared all over the face of the baby in his high chair. Linda Vujnov has been there and knows exactly what it feels like. Between packing lunches, drying the dishes in the sink, returning emails, and making sure mascara is applied without smudges, Spilt Milk offers a delightful alternative for busy moms that will lighten your day and remind you that God’s grace is found in the most unlikely places. You’ll discover the ways God uses the everyday adventures of an imperfect woman to emphasize his grace.

Also: Linda Vujnov has been in the field of education for nearly twenty years. She served as the interim junior high pastor at Saddleback Church and as a volunteer in high school ministry. Linda currently serves on staff at Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, California where she coordinates launching new Saddleback campuses in and around Orange County and is a MOPS speaker. Linda is married and has four children.

They left out the detail that her rapper name is "L-Vuj." She can thank me for that.

Also, I would like to mention that she has posted great "I See What You're Saying" videos and has personally met John Stamos.

I don't know why she knows so many celebrities; probably because they heard she's a friend of mine and that I know Clinton Kelly. Yeah, that makes sense.

Please pop on over to congratulate L-Vuj because that's what we do in this blogging community, we " ... encourage one another and build each other up" as in 1 Thessalonians 5:11.

Linda, I am so proud to know you and share in your publishing success. May many moms be blessed as they receive encouragement from your insights as many times as I have! I rejoice and give God glory with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment