Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cry Me a River

Gesh...it was a weekend of crying for me. And not in regards to Easter! But the movies Scott brought home from the library for us to watch.

I've been asking, mentioning that I'd really like to see 7 Pounds...as I love all things Will Smith. And I've really been wanting to see Marley & Me!

So I was really excited when Scott came home not just with one of the movies on my list but both! Friday night we were supposed to go to a really fun party...but Scott had the worst cold, felt absolutely awful and wanted to do nothing but lay on the couch. So sadly we had to cancel our plans. Probably a wise thing given he was asleep by close to 9pm. I knew he felt awful.


We had chosen to start off with 7 Pounds.I knew nothing at all about the movie or what it was about. I figured it was along the lines of a The Pursuit of Happyness which I loved. That was such a good movie...such a great, meaningful message.

I really at first didn't put all the pieces of the movie together. He was helping specific people...people who were sick, needed help, falling behind.

I have to say wow! WOW! WOW! I sat there a blubbering, crying fool...I have to admit. The end...when her beeper went off...when she saw his eyes...that had me reeling. That someone would do that...give of themself...make amends for the 7 "pounds".....amazing. Another wonderful, inspiring Will Smith story! And hey...thanks for the message...to those that text and drive...STOP! I don't type on my laptop and drive...neither should you text and drive. I seriously think soon it will be outlawed! Amazing movie.....


Then Saturday night Scott still wasn't feeling good...still doesn't BTW. So we watched Marley & Me with the kids. It wasn't honestly really grabbing me...but I stayed with it. All the way to the end where once again darn it if I wasn't crying my eyes out all over again. This one hit home...we have Peso. Peso is an intricate part of our lives. He's apart of the kids lives...he's there..he's everywhere. He watches over all of us...takes care of us...lays with us, snuggles, protects..he's truly a wonderful dog. Now Marley I'll admit..any dog of mine that starts to chew up the floor...we've got a BIG problemo! Rip down the blinds and barking while the babies are finally asleep...big big problemo. But the point and message was there and I get it. I know it...they once again won and the floodgates of tears poured out.

So two movies that had me crying my eyes out this Easter Weekend. Thankfully we finished it off with Monsters vs Aliens on Easter with my parents! Now that movie had my laughing..what the flagnog!! And as Parker said...That was AWESOME! Two thumbs up from Parker is good!

Off to buy more kleenex,


Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment