Monday, April 27, 2009

Phase 2 of the 30 x 5 Comes to a Close



We did it! Or not!

This is the end of Phase 2 of the 30 x 5.

Oh the challenges of bad weather, sick kids, spring sports, lack of motivation, birthday celebrations, etc., etc.

But realize this: if you managed to do this, not do it perfectly, per se, but still do this, you are AMAZING! For four weeks, you have been mindful of choices and have put effort into something you often think about but don't really act on: moving.

Those times that you pushed yourself when it was the last thing you felt like doing counted--counted big time!

Whether you lost pounds or not, you built muscle. You revved up metabolism. You filled your lungs fully. You disciplined yourself to push on. You exercised your heart-muscle. You stimulated endorphins. In short, you rocked!

If you did not complete it successfully but were torn between hits and misses, think about how much better off you are for the days that were hits than misses. DO NOT DWELL ON THE MISSES. That is an attack of negativity that is pointless and merely feeds your excuses not to get up again.

If I told you that I missed a few days, would you scold me? In the words of Boy George, "Would you really want to hurt me? Would you really want to make me cry?" I mean,would you tear me down, or would you point out the times that I worked at it when no one saw but me?

You would encourage me; I know you would. You would be, as Andy Bernard has so eloquently said, my traveling pants.

So let me be your traveling pants. Let us all be each other's traveling pantses.

It's biblical. Let me again refer to Paul who said, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up" (1 Thess. 5:11). And no, that isn't the only scripture I know; I also know Psalm 23 and Genesis 1:1.

So if you completed this Phase, here is your award:



Note that it has a red 2 on it, signifying you did Phase 2. You can just right click on this pic and save to your file then upload it.

If you did not do so well on the 30 x 5 but have a great sense of humor and would like a button, I have one for you, too:



I hope that you keep moving and focusing on what you're doing well. I will begin Phase 3 when I return from Atlanta next week (more on that tomorrow). But you can still continue moving until I officially start Phase 3 ... i.e. no excuses!

So now let's link up and talk about our experiences in Phase 2. Let's travel our pants until the cows come home.



No comments:

Post a Comment