Thursday, April 9, 2009

Our Season Conclusion of: 30 Minutes of Moving for at Least 5 Days for 2 Weeks!


Yes, it was a Thursday, March 26, to be exact, when we started this endeavor, which right off the bat threw a bunch of you off because who starts anything healthy on a Thursday?

Uh, we do.

Because if you wait until the "right" day, there's going to be a reason to stall before you can say, "chocolate Easter bunny."

Once, when I worked for Weight Watchers, I made this giant calendar on a flip chart with all of the regular holidays highlighted. We tend to slack off of our eating/moving plans on holidays, don't we?

Then I marked all of the non major holidays, like St. Patrick's Day. Did you eat a little somethin'-somethin' on that day this year? I'll bet you did.

Then I added generic holidays, like, say, four birthdays per year per family, just as a guesstimate. Plus, there are anniversaries, graduations and baby showers, etc.

And who could forget the family vacation?

By the time I was finished, there were more "holidays" vulnerable to overeating than regular days of the year!

So if you apply that same principle to moving, there's always a reason to stall:

1. It's THURSDAY, for Pete's sake!
2. I'm a morning (noon, evening) person, so I'll start tomorrow at that time.
3. I have a cold.
4. I'm thinking about catching a cold.

And on and on. So we just jumped right in before our minds had time to sabotage us.

Clever little bloggers, aren't we.

So here are some observations pertinent to my experience. After that, please sign in with Mr. Linky and let us read what your experience has been like. Feel free to be honest and brief, if you like.

1. This was fun. I liked knowing you all were out there moving along with me.

2. I did pretty well. Yesterday I didn't get to move, which technically was my third day of non-movement, which is disappointing, but overall, I kept my commitment.

3. I did watch my food intake, which was not part of the deal, but I just wanted to. The first week and a half, I was really faithful to my plan. The last half of this week, not so much. I felt better physically the first week, and I think it's because I controlled myself a little more. That motivates me to return to goodness.

4. I do enjoy the elliptical machine, especially when Dr. Phil is on. Time flies when he's on a rant full of metaphors about hunting dogs and something else I didn't understand.

5. I'm ready for warmer weather so that I can get outside because I love to see the sky when I'm walking/jogging. It's a spiritual experience for me. Some people love the mountains or the ocean; I love the sky. I pray best when I'm walking outside.

6. You guys are rugged. Some of you tromped through snow to get your 30 in. Others juggled small kids and illnesses. That's amazing, and you should be commended. In fact, if you finished the 30 x 5, you deserve an award, which I hereby present to you by the powers vested in me by our 30 x 5 icon and supreme leader, Greer Childers of Body Flex Deep Breathing:







And for those of you who didn't quite make it to completion and can relate to the cat in this video, I offer you:





Anyway, I hope you had fun.

I want to take Good Friday through Easter off of blogging, but I'm coming back Monday with a new proposition that you do not want to miss. Why? Because we need to keep our mojo movin', that's why.

OK--now let's hear what you have to say about the 30 x 5 Challenge!



No comments:

Post a Comment