Monday, October 12, 2009

Random Dozen #7 Preview And The Race


For those of you who guessed "Runaway Bride" yesterday, you are correct. Next time I ask a trivia question, I'm going to take a cue from the guys of NPR's Car Talk and ask that you send in your guess written on a 3x5" postcard attached to the underside of a Inspiron 11z Dell Mini Netbook, green.

******

So I did a 5K with Jorge last Saturday called "Soles to Souls" to aid a couple of homeless shelters here in town.

I had three goals:

1) No coming in last place
2) No walking
3)No peeing of the pants

Those are some pretty lame goals, but I accomplished them all.

My time?

Wouldn't you like to know! (REALLY slow)

And now from my FB status update, I'd like to share a great quote:

"Once an overweight couch potato with a glut of bad habits, including smoking and drinking, at the age of 43 John Bingham looked mid-life in the face—and started running. Since then, he has completed 40 marathons and hundreds of 5K and 10K races...—and developed a whole new outlook." Famous quote: "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."

And that is how I feel, too. Here are some pics:






Here's your "heads up" for tomorrow. Happy Answering to ya!


1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)

2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?

3. Billy Joel or Elton John?

4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.

5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?

6. What word do you misspell without fail?

7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?

9. Have you ever been on TV?

10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)

11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?

12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment