Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Random Dozen #7 & HBD to Jorge the Jabanero

I actually went to the calendar to see exactly what week we're on. It's 7.

Seven weeks of questions which you purport to be challenging. A careful student of the Random Dozen will notice, however, that I intersperse the thought-provoking (or numbing) with the EZ PZ (easy-peasy).

No, you are not allowed to answer only the EZs. OK, who's going to stop you, I know, but I'm just telling you that if you do that, you're breaking the rule. And if you want the world to know you're a rule breaker, well, then, just trample all over my authority. (But why? I have so little authority in life! I'm an office assistant, for crying out loud! Just for once, can't I have a little control over people?? Or a renegade copier?!)


1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)

2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?

3. Billy Joel or Elton John?

4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not just horror flicks but also ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.

5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?

6. What word do you misspell without fail?

7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at?

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?

9. Have you ever been on TV?

10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)

11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?

12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?



Happy Birthday, Jorge!








i carry your heart with me
by e.e.cummings

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment