Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Gotta Feelin' : Monday Morning Fun & Fall Into Flavor

Yeah, I'm all excited. Yesterday was Hall & Oates' appearance on Private Sessions on A&E. I liked it a lot, except in one interview session, the host, Lynn Hoffman, brought up the moniker "Blue Eyed Soul," and Daryl Hall talked about how terribly racist it is and how he hates it.

Oops.

I had no idea that was a racist remark. I can only say that when I first heard it, I thought it was a very cool and descriptive phrase. So if I offended anybody who reads here, I apologize. The racist implication went totally over my head. Sorry, Daryl Hall and John Oates and all soul artists everywhere, although I'm sure you're not waiting for an apology from a blogger mom in a small town in Indiana. But I wanted to get that off my chest.

Now I suppose Donny Osmond is going to tell us he hates purple.

Anyway.

It's the 2nd installation of Fall Into Flavor PLUS this amazing video.

Little tangent: One of the fun things about my girls is their playfulness when it comes to music. Yes, the one who hates musicals, me, happened to birth daughters who have a penchant for bursting into song and dance without warning.


















So the other day, Kristin, the high schooler, pulled into the drive and sat there. Immediately, her older sister, Katie, pulled in, observed Kristin and realized that she was listening and singing to the same song as she was (the song in the video below).

So the song ends, each girl gets out of her car, and they continue dancing and singing on the driveway.

Insert Mom-smile here.

Their favorite part to sing is "Fill up my cup--draaaaaaank!" No, not drink, but draaaaaaaank.

How I love my two brunette musical stylists. "Brunette soul?" Oh no. I shouldn't have gone there.



Here are 20,00 people dancing in syncopated waves. Amazing.





Here's my submission for this week. I Gotta Feelin' you'll like it:

Butter Pecan Cake

1 butter pecan cake mix
4 eggs
1 c. milk
3/4 c. oil
1 can coconut-pecan frosting (or you could make from scratch, you show-off)

Oven 350*. Grease bundt pan well.
Mix cake mix, eggs, oil & milk for 2 minutes.
By hand, stir in the can of frosting into the mix.
Pour, bake for 45-55 minutes.
You can toothpick test, but this is a very moist, dense cake due to the frosting in the mix.
Cool 10 mins. in pan, then remove.


No comments:

Post a Comment