Monday, October 19, 2009

Jane Austen & Myself

Hmm...maybe that blog title could be a new movie in the making...like Julie & Julia. Which is weird given my family calls me Julie and everyone else Julia.

Julia is my real name and what I prefer...so that movie title got me..it's kind of like me..only I can't cook! I am NO Julia Child..have no interest. Not when you have a fab hubby who cooks.

I have to say when I found out Bo Bunny was releasing Persuasion...I about cried. I can't even tell you how much I love all things Jane Austen. Not that Jane made or designed this line..it would be a little hard.LOL

But I love all things lovely, romantic and thus Jane...which equals Persuasion. Did that make sense?LOL Let's just say anytime you say Jane Austen I go to complete mush...like those potatoes!LOL




It's honestly my personal favorite of the new releases and this paper...OMG...I think I need to get an entire pack of it! It makes me VERY happy and the idea of cutting out those phrases in those shapes..aahhh! I actually feel that way about all the papers in this line. And the stamp set! YESH!!

We're just about done decorating the house and this year we've got the coolest yard..well I think so. I found a sweet gal who posted on the freecycle list about wood fencing she needed taken..and I had a brainstorm...so this is what we did with some of her fencing...




Inside it...lots of tombstones...and our big 8 foot blow up that now looks perfect! We added purple lights, cobwebs...we love cobwebs and used our torches to help hold it up. We've had alot of compliments...our kids LOVE it!

And to celebrate Halloween since it is a favorite of mine...how about a giveaway! Leave a comment and I'll pull two names to win one of these pendants!(sorry I photographed them at a terrible time of day!)
And if you hurry over to the Pursuit of CraftYness blog...we have a giveaway there too!

Happy Hunting!!

Julia a true Jane Austen fan

No comments:

Post a Comment