Sunday, October 25, 2009

A quick repurpose...and my lust for rust

Is there anyone out there who loves rust as much as me? I doubt it. When my junk sisters and I went to Minnesota a couple weekends ago, I found this white/rusty umbrella stand. I could picture it filled with tree branches cozy-ing up a corner in my house. Recently while rearranging my furniture though, I needed to fill a bare spot at one end of the couch. So, I dug out the reciprocating saw and cut off the top piece...(luv that dang saw)...

...cleaned, then sprayed a heavy coat of poly all over...added a piece of glass to the top and...ta-da!...a new side table!My youngest son asked what color I was going to paint it! Yikes. What is it with me and rust...and chippy white paint? If there's a "cure" for it, please give me a call!


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

No comments:

Post a Comment