Monday, August 29, 2011

Yarn Bombing

Main Street
Small Town, NE

I know the act of yarn bombing (a.k.a. "knit grafitti") is prolly supposed to be all hush-hush, but I can't help blabbing about these knitting adventures of mine. Which means, it's really no secret, & not hush-hush at all.
The reason I yarn bomb is to bring a curious smile to the faces of those who see it. A bit of happy in an unexpected place will hopefully do that. And because I'm not damaging public property, it's all good. Still, I it's a contraversial topic. (Which doesn't make sense at all to me!)

When my knitting accomplice & I headed out to do some grafitti on this particular evening, we were a bit apprehensive. Because, seriously, she recently got pulled over for RUNNING DOWN THE STREET!! She only got a verbal warning I believe. But what would the Po-Po do if they saw us meddling on Main Street with yarn & needles & scissors?? We'd get sent to the slammer for sure! Ironically, to make things a bit more interesting, we decided to yarn bomb a light pole RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from the police station. haha!

Everything went smoothly though. And more quickly than my first attempt.
I predict a totem pole of yarn happiness in this light pole's future.
Shhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment