Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer Diary Day 93: Shopping Part 2

Dear summer diary,
Las Saturday was Pazely's turn, today was Zoey's. It was time for another mommy/daughter date to go school shopping!
On our way to the mall we saw baby goats, & roadkill consisting of a rabbit, a deer & 2 racoon. We saw bright purple flowers & happy yellow mini sunflowers alongside the road. We even saw The Pony Express!!! (The famous journey that The Pony Express took is recreated every year.)


I got to hold my almost-9 year old's hand all afternoon. We shopped until our feet hurt, then Zoey picked where we went for lunch. And then we shopped some more. We found some super deals while shopping, including expandable marshmallow sticks in the Target $1 bin. (We scored the last 4!) And after every penny from my paycheck was spent, we headed home & did some online shopping. (Sadly, around here there aren't many choices for shopping.)

It's the first time I've ever gotten to go clothes school shopping with my girls & we had a BLAST!
Shopping for all these cool weather clothes makes me anxious for fall. I can't wait to have an afternoon to myself, when the girls are in school, & head to the thrift store to search for yummy scrummy cardigans & maybe find a cute belt & some long-sleeved plaid shirts. Oh, I can't wait!
5 days left of summer vacay...

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment