Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer Quilt Day

Today was the semi-annual Quilt Day at church.  I love this event and only miss it because of being out of town or having bronchitis (that latter more likely in February).  Some of the participants are women I see all of the time and others are folks I run into only at these events.  There are always some new people.

Here's Kristina, who I see all of the time, but in the workplace setting mostly.  She was working on this very pretty and crisp looking creation.
Late in the morning I was talking with a couple of ladies near the ironing board when out of the corner of my eye I saw something amazing.  I interrupted myself mid-sentence to dash over to see this quilt (as though it might have disappeared if I'd loitered!).  Debbie, who was new to me, claimed to be a new quilter, and  must have been telling the truth because she had no idea what a masterpiece she was producing.

Debbie's quilt, of course, reminded me of the granny square afghan that Joe's grandmother made for our wedding gift.

As of last evening, I still didn't know what project I was going to take to Quilt Day. There were a lot of things on a lot of burners, in a manner of speaking.  This morning when I went downstairs to pack up, I realized that I just couldn't wait any longer to start my [first]  Roller Coaster quilt.  I had a French General jelly roll and some yardage of solid tobacco-or-coffee French General that I'd bought a few months ago with another project in mind.

And this is what I've accomplished.  I love it as much in reality as I did in the picture!  Won't take long to get this one finished . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment