Sunday, August 21, 2011

Summer Diary Day 94: Wildflower Adventure!

Dear summer diary,
FINALLY! Another adventure!! It's been a while since I've gone on a proper adventure. A proper adventure= friends, snacks, hydration, a camera & no map.
For the past two weeks, I had been noticing a bright yellow field off in the distance--both times I went school schopping with the girls. I decided to investigate. And I thought it would be fun to squeeze some wildflower pickin' into the day as well. I took the girls with me, along with my ever faithful adventurous friend, Susan.
The field ended up being sunflowers. We had so much fun! We also walked around a cemetery right next to the field. My girls have been to so many cemeteries on various adventures we've taken in the small towns around us. It kinda makes me giggle.
Before we finished playing with the sunflowers, we had to get a jumpy photo in. (And, yes, in the picture above, that is a 5 o'clock shadow in my armpit.)
It was SUCH a hot day. Like, gross hot. As in, get out of the car & your whole backside was drenched. YUCK!
We drove around nameless dirt roads in search of wildflowers. We found a few varieties. And we even found 2 GIANT grasshoppers doin' the nasty. EWWWWWW!!!!
We picked wildflowers until it got dark outside with storm clouds & started to rain. We enjoyed watching the lightning on our way home, trying to capture a streak or two with our cameras, but with no success.
It felt good to get home & shower. We were covered in a fine layer of adventure dust. I could even taste it. A quick supper & off to bed for the little ones. I'm pretty sure I went to bed with a smile on my face.








To view the complete set of pictures from our adventure, click HERE.
Nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment