Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Muddy and Murky

I cannot tell you what was in my mind when I made these blocks. Nor can I tell you what insight prompted me to put them away.  Half of them finish at 8" and the other half finish at 4".

They came to the surface this week, shortly after the dozen Bill Morris blocks which are now all together and just waiting for a border.

Now these are up on the wall.  There are a lot of partial FQs remaining, and some uncut FQs of this murky, muddy strain.

And, as I cannot tell you what started these blocks or what put them on hold, nor can I tell you what will become of them.  Perhaps you can tell me.  I wonder if they would do better in a straight rather than on-point set.  I wonder if they would like some breathing space in the form of lattice.  I wonder if there is any hope at all that they can turn into a nice project.

Ideas solicited.  Even if your idea is "throw them out."

No comments:

Post a Comment