Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Weekend in Richmond

Tom and Anastasia asked if we would come down for the weekend to take care of Nate.  Each of them had a good gig that would take up much of the weekend and they thought it would be best if Nate had consistent care rather than a series of sitters.

Not a problem!

We had a wonderful time with this marvelous fellow.  He's still got that winning smile, though you wouldn't know it from this photo.  He's highly mobile, getting around at high speed with a peculiar half-crawl where he uses two hands and one knee and sort of drags the other leg along.  Kind of resembles the way a crab walks, sort of sideways.

We had time at one point to go up to Quilting Adventures, the shop I like so much, even though I didn't have any specific needs at the moment.  Not even thread.  I saw the new Kaffe and Liza book that I'd heard so much about and began to leaf through it and before I knew it I'd seen a quilt that I knew I needed to make and went over to start picking out FQs of batiks to make it happen.  Don't know when I'll get to it; there are other things in the queue.  But I know the recipient.

The book is gorgeous.

After the fabric shop, Joe wanted to go to the chocolate store.  We got to Carytown and I told him I had no business going into a chocolate store, so he parked and I wandered into a very attractive shop that had wonderful clothes.  I ended up buying a dress that I liked a lot and not only because it was one size smaller than I have been wearing!

Then it was time to go back to playing with the baby . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment