Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dinner Tonight*

I had a post that went up earlier today that was somewhat critical of people who are all making the same quilt.  I suggested that perhaps there were some bloggers who were on the payroll of a certain fabric company or a certain designer.  I named names.

I went too far.

I received a lot of comments in short order, some of which were supportive of my position, a couple who dared to disagree and one quite righteous individual who slammed me for slamming others after proclaiming, "I would never do that."

Then I heard from a blog friend who set me straight on one count, anyway.  I'd speculated about a particular designer's marketing plan.  My friend firmly but not unkindly explained my error.  I reread my post.

I'd gone too far.

I pulled it.

Thanks, friend, for being forthright.  You know who you are.



*Eating crow (archaically, eating boiled crow) is an English-language idiom meaning humiliation by admitting wrongness or having been proved wrong after taking a strong position.[1] Eating crow is presumably foul-tasting in the same way that being proved wrong might be emotionally hard to swallow.[1]  [Lifted directly from Wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment