Saturday, March 26, 2011

Simplicity, McCalls, Butterick

Spring break has officially begun and while I'll be taking a few days off from work, I'll still be working about half of it.  The thing is, during winter and spring break and during the summer, we work shorter hours than the regular school-time hours.

As if I didn't have enough going on with my UFO challenges and the new project fixin's and ideas, lately I've had this peculiar urge to do some garment sewing.  Like tops or dresses or jumpers for myself.  I don't see a lot in the stores that is to my taste, and the prices of the clothes certainly aren't to my taste.

I used to sew quite a bit.  Back in the early 70s I bought into the Stretch and Sew mania and made lots of things for me and for the little ones.  I remember making a pair of zipper-front jackets for himself and me.  It's been a long time, though, since I've done anything but quilts and bags and the like.  This urge came over me a couple of years ago and I picked up some patterns on Ebay.  I'm thinking next week I just might get one of them out.

Or maybe I'll finish another UFO . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment