Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Celebration

Rainbow Dots is finished.  This isn't the best photograph of it; far from it.  I think if you click on it you can see the quilting.  I thoroughly enjoyed hand-quilting this baby quilt.  The backing is the same yellow as the binding.

This is my fifth finish for this year.  It's not a UFO, but rather a quilt that a certain mom is going to need early this summer.

Yesterday I picked up Cinnamon Latte and Second Hand Clothes from the machine quilter and managed to get the bindings machined on both of them (not  my favorite part of making a quilt).  So now I'm ready for the hand-stitching of the binding, a task I enjoy.  The quilting on Cinnamon Latte is amazing -- kind of an Aztec sort of motif that is just perfect, I think, with the fabrics.  I'll try to get a close-up when it is finished.

Yesterday I retired my favorite blue jeans.  They had become too large!  Today I'm wearing a pair that looks just like them, but are a size smaller and have been hanging in the spare closet for many years.

And yesterday's post was number 1200.

Many things to celebrate!  A give-away seems to be in order.  How about a charm pack of French General La Petite Ecole?  Leave a comment telling me something that you are celebrating.  I'll draw a random winner on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment