Sunday, March 27, 2011

Joy in Leader-Endering

We'll need to take a better photograph, but this one will do for now.  The Sister's Choice quilt is finished!  I'd picked it up from the machine quilter a couple of weeks ago and didn't have time to get the binding on until now.

This quilt was a leader-ender all the way up until the border.  Impulsively, I chose to use very low contrast fabrics for the nine-patch centers of the blocks instead of the high contrast the block usually shows.  And I'm happy that I did that.  I do like the way they look.

I wonder why it is that CWs lend themselves so beautifully to leader-endering.  A couple of years ago I leader-endered a Log Cabin as well as a couple of Jewel Boxes (though the Jewel Boxes weren't pure CWs but had some other good stuff mixed in.  I've still got a good-sized tub of CW scraps.  And I've got a great idea involving HSTs!  Soon and very soon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment