Thursday, March 24, 2011

Just A Couple More Thoughts

. . . Somehow "dumbing down of quilting" and "marketing plan" have become linked.  That shouldn't be. Two different issues.

. . . I'm fascinated that so many readers inferred wrongdoing in connection with the possibility that a designer might be compensating people to blog about her patterns.  Quite the contrary, if a designer wanted to compensate popular bloggers to promote her products, this would be savvy marketing.  This is pretty much what the Accu-Cut people did, isn't it?

. . . Just because I'm unlikely to accept payment to promote a product doesn't mean I think no one else should do that.  I would, however, like the promoter to acknowledge what is going on.

. . . Consumers can be fiercely loyal.  So can designer groupies!  Again, no judgment implied!


. . . I do share pattern names and products from time to time on my blog.  I do mention specific pattern designers who have delighted or irritated me.  I haven't been compensated for such mentions.  Particularly from the irritants!

. . . No comment goes unread:  Somebody wrote that I should be writing about Japan instead of quilting controversy.  Huh?

. . . I don't condemn the use of precuts!  I bought a jelly roll this past Saturday.  A Moda jelly roll, to be specific.  And plan to use it soon to try a technique that someone graciously shared on her blog.  I think those who use precuts exclusively are missing out on something.  But that's just me.  Preference, friends, not judgment.

. . . I don't regret what has happened this week.  Sure, I made an erroneous assumption.  But the conversation on this blog and a few others has been stimulating and thought-provoking.  And that, as someone would say, is a good thing.

Moving on to Other News Near Philadelphia.  Here's a picture of tonight's dinner.  A nice change from the crow.  It's the fatted mouse*, of course, because the prodigal cat has come home.

Joe was out with Blackberry early this morning and heard some soft mewling sounds coming from the dog house, no less, and when he went over and called, out came Bodacious!  He was happy to let Joe pick him up, came inside, and let me pick him up for a bit of a snuggle, and then took residence on one of his favorite chairs.

No postcards all week.  No souvenirs.  No word on where he's been.  But he's back.  And we rejoice!



*Thanks for this mental image, Pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment