Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rainbow Dots, Etc.

I've begun hand-quilting the rainbow dots baby quilt and am enjoying the process.  I don't know whether the quilting will show up if you click on the picture or not.  I'm putting a heart medallion in the plain blocks and criss-crossing the lights of the nine patches.  I enjoy hand quilting on smaller projects like this one.

I don't know the gender of this baby; Mom is old-fashioned and wants to be surprised.  I like that.  There are still a couple of months before s/he is born, but I do not like to be quilting against a deadline.  I'd much rather have this finished and waiting for the stork to show up.

I realized today that I have to make a fleeting trip back out to Sauders on Saturday to get more of the white fabric for Justin's quilt now that I've decided to make it bigger.  Pat's going to make the huge sacrifice of riding along with me.  It's an hour each way.  God knows what she'll pick up or whether she'll restrain me from getting more than just the white.

When I went into the living room to photograph the baby quilt, I noticed Bodacious on top of You've Got Mail, apparently trying to turn himself inside-out.

His life hasn't been easy since Blackberry moved in, and he's handling the disturbance with a minimum of grace.  Bless his heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment