Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Turn

1. Would you rather host party or simply attend a party?

I would rather attend. Hosting puts me over the edge, stress-wise. The LOST party inspiration came in a flash. I think it was easier for me because we didn't do a sit-down meal; everyone just brought snacks. I probably won't do a party again until ... who knows when ... although I did think about the upcoming Indy 500. (What strange party-hosting force has possessed me?)

2. Tell us about the most memorable party you've been to.

Well, I'll probably remember Sunday's decorations the most because they were the most unusual I've seen, if I do say so myself. But other than that, it wasn't so memorable, except for my friends, of course. And since I don't get invited to many parties, I don't have a true "most memorable." Even my own wedding reception was ho-hum.

3. What is one thing you hope for in the after-life?

To be free of temptation.

4. What do you enjoy most about sunshine?

Its energizing effect. The older I get, the more I thrive on it. I literally feel like a plant that perks up and leans toward the sun when I'm outside. Sure, I get parched and withered, but a little drink perks me right back up.

5. When you attend a bridal/baby shower, do you prefer to bring your own gift or chip in with others to buy a larger gift?

Usually I prefer to bring my own.

6. Would you rather have a FREE week of having your house cleaned or all of your meals cooked for you and your family?

Hello, McFly! NO COOKING. Forget free; I'd pay to have someone else do it.

7. What song describes your mood today?

The one I can't get out of my head is Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride. But no worries; I'm not in the mood to do drugs or anything. Except maybe Benadryl. Did I mention it's 2:49 am as I type this?

8. What is something you received for your own bridal shower/wedding that you still own or use? (If you are not married, feel free to sub a gift you received a long time ago.)

I have some orange Pyrex bowls my best friend gave me, and I actually have a couple of dish towels that are now 25 years old. I can't bear to throw them away!

9. Your favorite flavor of ice cream is?

You know how I say every week that someone "complains" about the questions: "That's too haaaaard!"? Well, this question truly is too difficult. Tonight I would like any kind of sherbet. I'm in a citrus-y mood.

10. When was the last time you felt "tested?"

Today. Temptation. I passed the test. Who knows about tomorrow.

11. "[Fill in the blank] is a food that once I start eating I find really hard to stop."

M&Ms. At my party someone brought M&Ms mixed with peanuts. I was eating them like they were oxygen pills that I was depending on to survive until the next moment. Ridiculous! Also, no-bake chocolate/oatmeal/peanut butter cookies. They are "no brainers," not only in the sense that they are easy to make but also in the sense that my brain goes on vacation and my feel-good center rules when I bite into the first one. Come to think of it, now THAT is a party.

12. "-----" is the best motivation.

Success. I bought smaller-sized pants today. Insert large smiley face here.


Wow, that IS a big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment