Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cute As A Button

I bought the "Cute As A Button" baby jacket pattern by Jackie Clark ages and ages ago.  Initially, I thought I'd make it for Sam when he was just a wee little guy, and when that didn't happen, at some point I thought I would make it for Caroline.  But that didn't happen either.  Enough with the delay!   With two new potential consumers in the family now, this past week I went to the shop and picked out some coordinating fabrics and last night finally got to work!  It is all finished except for the buttons, and I didn't want to wait until I get out and get them before posting a picture.

Comments on the experience:
  • The yardage given in the pattern is very generous.  It calls for a yard and a third, and in the size I made (infant), I used a scant half yard of each fabric.
  • The infant size is awfully cute, but the topstitching on those tiny sleeves gave me fits.  I don't know if I'll make another in this tiny size, because I don't really see any way around the problem.
  • When I make it again, I'll put the pockets up a little higher.  Joe wanted to know, "What is he going to put in those pockets, anyway?"
Speaking of "cute as a button," here's a picture of the guy who's going to wear it, Nathaniel, with his very proud father.  They'll all be leaving in a few short weeks to spend the summer at the Brevard Music Festival in North Carolina, and we know from our trip there last summer that the evenings can sometimes get a little bit chilly. 

If that little guy gets a chill, it's not going to be my fault! 


No comments:

Post a Comment