Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Answers this Week



1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart "go-to" meal to fix in a pinch?

Sloppy Joes. I literally just throw the ingredients in the skillet and the family gobbles it up, bless their hearts. Blech.

2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.)

Concealer. I have dark circles that any Goth would kill for.

3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting?

Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana. Yes, a real place. One of the best water parks in the world. Free sunscreen, free beverages. Clean, clean, clean.

4. Share one factoid of your family's history.

My grandmother, who died when I was 16, was blind. When she was a girl attending what was at the time called "The Indiana Blind School," she met Helen Keller in person.

5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I ...."

Thought I was going to be a high school English teacher. I also thought I would never get age spots. Wrong on both counts.

6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be?

Contact lenses.

7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is ...."

I don't believe there's anything left to tell after 4.5 years of blogging. Let me see ... I set "personal records" for myself, such as how fast I can cook an egg and still have it turn out tender and moist. Been doing this for years. I'm a legend in my own mind.

8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy?

$1 will not even buy Altoids. I suppose I'd buy our local newspaper.

9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is ...."

Wil Ferrel and Cheri O'Teri doing the Spartan Cheerleaders. The very first time I saw it, I was literally gasping for breath because I was laughing so hard. Probably because I'm an old-school cheerleader.

10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal?

Lift some weights at home.

11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else?

Check on the people I'm specifically praying for.

12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon?

I'm vacationing here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment