Saturday, May 8, 2010

May Miscellany, Part Four (I Think)

On Thursday evening while I was waiting for news from A&A, I finished the last of the blocks I needed for the birthday block swap; it was a nice dark fabric Churn Dash on tan background.  I didn't get a picture of it.

Next I started work on an apron that I need for a gift; I had a good sized assortment of blue and white fabrics that at one point had been intended to be a quilt with embroidered squares hither and yon, and then I realized that I wasn't that smitten with embroidery!  And set the whole mess aside.

I thought blue and white would make a pretty apron and cut out all the pieces and did the whole inset part before I got so preoccupied with worrying about my laboring DIL that I couldn't concentrate.  Friday evening, Eli having arrived safe and sound and mother and baby both doing well, I finished my project.  I'm pleased with how it turned out and hope that the recipient likes it, too.  I can't name her here, for she just might be a reader.  I don't really know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment