Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Old stuff "spiffed" up for Christmas...

Christmas is almost here folks! Believe it or not, I still DO NOT have my Christmas Tree up yet! Well, I've got some little ones up here and there, but not the big one. It's too big. There, I said it. I'd much rather mess with all my other decorations then that big honkin' thing. Our dining room was looking a little boring (yawn here). Lynette gave me this beautiful star a few years ago and it's one of my favorite things to pull out for Christmas - I love it! I wanted something interesting to hang it on this year...something different. So, to the garage I went. My old metal bed frame didn't sell at Junk Fest. Let me tell ya, I was surprised. It has such a great patina...
Not everyone has an old bed frame in their dining room...too weird? (You can say yes!) I won't be offended cause I think it's just perfect!Okay, the dining room has the footboard so the living room might as well house the headboard! Maybe I have gone off the deep end? Yes?! Care to join me?Now I gotta show you my new wreath! (Last wreath count in my house is like 84!) Ha! I bought it from my friend Beth at Patina White. The girl totally rocks. Her stuff is awesome - check her out!I bought the frame from her - I added all the embellishments to it. Any junker would go CRAZY with this! Let your imagination go wild! I used my circle maker from my scrapbooking stash and cut up a couple old Bingo cards. The old Bingo game had several of the original wooden game pieces. I glued the "I 25" to the card...get it? 25-Christmas Day? (I know you got that!)Then I added some other old stuff I had, some fresh greenery and another 2 and 5...I just can't get those numbers out of my head!
Okay, you're right - enough with the "2's & 5's". I better go now and get my tree up before the 25th is actually here!

No comments:

Post a Comment