Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Another 2009 Retro Moment::The Jump Hug











Question: Why on "The Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" and "Wife Swap" do women run up to the guy and straddle jump him? Once you've seen this about 100 times, and I would think once you've greeted him that way 100 times, it kind of loses its spontaneous, flirty aspect. Thank goodness they're all size 2's, too.










I just wonder if those guys start thinking, "Ohhhh, here she comes! Get ready ... get set ... here she comes ... plant my feet and ... WOMP!" "I made it! I'm still standing!" It's like WWF hugging. You'd think they were returning from war or something. It's the new nonverbal cliche: the jump-hug.


I'm thinking the technique probably takes practice.

It just happens that Jorge is traveling on business this week. Perhaps I should practice up the jump hug on the walnut tree in the back yard for when he returns.


Uh, No!
Not serious!
JK, Jorge!

So what did you think of The Bachelorette finale?

Did Reid's return surprise you? I'm glad she didn't choose him. He looks like he's about 16.

And didn't ya just love the "bleep" Jillian gave us before Ed turned up? Hi-Klass.

It's kind of ironic that the Cymbalta commercial came on right after Jillian spent 15 minutes of air time crying. Heck yeah, "Depression hurts." So does reality TV.

And did you notice that Jillian awkwardly jump-hugged Ed during at her proposal? That's hard to do in a formal. But it wouldn't be The Bachelorette without the jump-hug. Good grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment