Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My new jewels!

My new necklace has arrived! I want to share this great necklace which was custom made for me by Gretchen of Mimi-Toria's Jewelry.

When we started our Junk Fest blog fun about one year ago, we Junk girls "found" Gretchen through her blog and starting corresponding. One thing lead to another, and we met her and her best friend, Carolyn on our 2009 April trip to Minneapolis. When we saw her jewelry in person, we were more than impressed! Sweet Melissa bought a necklace right on site (in the parking lot of Applebees!) and soon after Cassie and Lynette followed suit. Here's Gretchen's FUN creation for me...
Are you jealous?! She had asked me what I like in life to help her personalize it. Well, I love numbers, keys, wine, coins, a little "bling", I'm catholic, and I love silver and black. (I'm really not a gold jewelry person). Anyway, she hit the nail on the head with her vintage pieces, differing chains and charms! Oh, and the watch piece says "Junk Girl" inside it...my blogging name...how cool is that?
Here's a picture of Gretchen and Carolyn in the lovely outside garden area at The French Flea where we met in April. Gretchen sells her jewelry at The French Flea in Anoka, MN and you can contact her through her blog here. I am quite sure these two girls will be our life-long friends!I am so wearing this to work tomorrow! Thanks, Gretchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment