Thursday, November 12, 2009

The REAL Friday's Fave Five

The reason I said, "The REAL Friday's Fave Five" is because I accidentally published half a post yesterday. Aye carumba. I've only been at this blogging thing four years, and this week I managed to both mess up my Mr. Linky for Random Dozen AND accidentally publish a post too early.

I don't catches on too fastly?











Here we are at Friday again already! Here's my list of faves this week. Go see Susanne at Living to Tell the Story to link up and read. Happy weekend to ya.

1. New Camera
It's not fancy, but compared to the one I was using which probably manufactured when Kennedy and Krischev duked it out, it's a real thrill. And it's pink, which is kinda cute. It's the first colored techie thing I've owned since toy radios and record players when I was a kid.











2. My kid who turned 17 last Saturday. At lunch that day, she announced, "I can go to R rated movies now." And then she saw my face and remembered that the Law of Home often trumps the law of the land.

Then she said, "Next year I will be 18, a legal adult." And I said, "Yes, and that also means that the bad things you do today might get you a slap on the wrist, but next year, they will send you to jail."

I'm such an inspiration to my children.

3. Spending time with the boy and his new girlfriend. This is new territory for him and for us. We're muddling through it OK, I think. She's still hanging in there, anyway! Here they are looking at the scrapbooks I made for him when he graduated high school.


4. My favorite veteran, my dad. Here are my parents in 1942. Next month they will be married 67 years.

5. Christmas music. Yes, I allowed myself the privilege of beginning this week. When it 32* here yesterday, I demanded the right, in spite of protesters everywhere on FB and blogs. BTW, Hall and Oates have a Christmas album. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment