Monday, November 23, 2009

My PB Knockoff

I love you Pottery Barn. Your prices? Not so much. I've been eyeballing a pharmacy-style floor lamp in the PB catalog for some time now, but it refuses to go on sale. For $299 I can get this baby:

Gorgeous, eh? Or, for a mere $199 I can select from these:

Here's a little something about me you may not know: I'm a lamp wh_re. You fill in the blank. I have a tendency to buy/change out lamps quite often. It doesn't make me a bad person. I think I sold 6 (or more) lamps at my last garage sale. When you can get lamps for $15-$20 at places like Gordman's, why not treat them like fashion accessories?
I happened across this beauty at Home Depot the other day. Notice it's shiny nickel finish? Not exactly what I was shooting for, but us junk girls know how to remedy situations like this.




Rustoleum now has an oil-rubbed bronze spray paint that was just the color I was looking for. So for $69 and a few bucks for the spray paint, this is what I got:



The above picture is a truer indication of the color. The photo below makes the lamp look more graphite in color. Either way, not the shiny nickel it once was.





Yeah, I know I need a pillow or throw for the chair. And maybe a little something on the wall. I'm getting there. I just wanted to show you my PB knock-off! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment