Saturday, November 28, 2009

Deck the Halls!

Now that Thanksgiving is officially over, it's time to start Decking the Halls, don't you agree?!
Or, deck the doors, as I did! This summer I rescued this old crusty door. Yep. When I was out for a walk I eyed it leaned up against someones garage and my heart did a couple flips! It looked pretty cool from the street. I grabbed my cell, called my oldest son who was crusin' Main and made him help me load it in the vehicle before the owner could change her mind! Of course my son was appalled, but I thought it had definite possibilities!
A few days ago I taped off a pattern and sprayed the glass with frosted paint and added the vinyl letters from Hob Lob...cool details on it, huh?Next up: Wreath making the easy way! At this years' Junk Fest I bought a couple round grates Cassie was selling and knew exactly what one of them was going to be at Christmas. This new "wreath" is hung above the fireplace in my family room.
Very simple. No poofy ribbon. I just added a little JINGLE instead. It's tied to the rusty handle on the old grain bin door my dad saved for me. Love that dang door. It stays up all year long.
My other idea for a holiday wreath you've all seen before, but here's how mine turned out. First, I dug out an old frame I decided not to sell at Junk Fest (truly a miracle-for once I was thinking ahead!)......hung it up along with the fresh green wreath the LYO kids were selling...(the ribbon was a nice color and I didn't even have to change it out this year...) Here's where I added some "bling"...a few crystals and a couple metal numbers. The countdown to the 25th begins!Again, the end result is simple, yet pretty, don't you think?Yeah, keeping it simple - that's my goal this holiday season. Now go! Get busy and deck those halls, walls, doors, windows, etc., etc.! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment