Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bathroom makeover...finally!

It's deer hunting season up here in the North, and my three guys left the house bright and early this a.m. As they exited, I jumped out of bed to get our 1/2 bath made-over before they came back home.

First, I need to explain our 1/2 bath is small. The key word here is small. So small it has a pocket door and once inside, you can hardly turn around. But, hey, it serves the purpose and is convenient since it's right inside the back door and next to the kitchen...it's the guest bath, for the most part.

BEFORE:Yep, that's right folks. A totally ugly light fixture with brass details, "sponge" painted walls in three shades of green and beige and yes, that's a birds nest wallpaper border. My excuse for the ugliness? Too busy working on projects for Junk Fest and totally ignoring my house...obviously!
I admit...I thought it was kinda cute...like...10 years ago.THE NEW REST ROOM:Laura Ashley "Canvas White" painted walls with grey and black accents. I used metallic spray paint to cover up the ugly brass. No, didn't buy a new light fixture.Love the new towels from Target and I got the black rugs there too. Yep, on sale.What to put in a small bathroom? A really LARGE old window, of course! It really looks neat and hard to capture in a photo, but you get the idea. It's BIG!My new mercury glass looking votives were only .99 cents each! Again, purchased at Target... Speaking of new looks, how do you like our new blog header?

No comments:

Post a Comment