Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Repurpose/Reuse/Recyle...Junk Girl style!

While antiquing in Bozeman, Montana last week on vacation, I found this perfectly rusted croquet set on cute little wheels that was sturdy as heck. My first thought was the frame would be adorable at Christmas with a pretty wreath on it as a "welcome" in my back entry. I've got a couple floor-standing wreath holders, but this would be a unique one, don't ya think?

But wait!! Since Christmas is months away, I couldn't bare to leave it sitting idle. So, I filled a clear glass cylinder vase with hydrangeas purchased some time ago, slid it in where the balls would go, (can you believe the vase fit perfectly!), threw on a garden seed embroidered towel for some color and filled a decorative sash with sunflower seeds. I've got quite a collection of old flash cards and picked a couple that go perfectly with this spring/summer theme...


Here it is in my back entry...

Or, is it cuter hanging on the door as a welcome?

Hey, it just hit me!...this would be cuter than crap in my half bath as a magazine holder...gotta go see how that would look...signing off for now! Happy Junking!

No comments:

Post a Comment