Friday, March 27, 2009

Breaking News You Can't Live Without: 30 x 5 is Now Over 60 Strong and What I Had in My Purse

Here we are in our first weekend of the 30 x 5 Challenge!

I don't know about you, but for me, weekends have always been challenging regarding remaining faithful to any eating/moving schedule. It's like suddenly I'm on a cruise and lose all rationality about what I'm eating and doing or not doing. It's "Vacation Mindset" syndrome, and it can really set me back in motivation. And it's only two days!

So today and tomorrow, I'm anticipating some sluggishness of spirit and some distraction from goals. I'm also anticipating the urge to take weekend afternoon naps and dream of chocolate and peanut butter, but I WILL be strong. I'll resist those urges. Do you know why I'll be strong?

Because of you, and that's not just a Kelly Clarkson ballad.

I so badly want to be able to look you in the cyber eye and tell you that I continued to move this weekend and did not lose my forward momentum. As Amrosia said so eloquently in 1978, "That's how much I feel, feel for you, Baby."

Keep sending me your reports as you feel like it because I am really enjoying reading them. Some of you are experiencing very inclement weather and uncooperative muscles, yet you are pushing through the obstacles. And to that I say: Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I would like to be. I can fly higher than an eagle; You are the wind beneath my "wings," which is just my cute nickname for my upper arms.

To help keep us energized and focused, how about committing a random act of kindness this weekend by choosing four people from the list at the right and dropping them a note of encouragement? You could do two today and two tomorrow.

Let's build some community along with building muscles.

Wow. I just made that up, and it ranks right up there with Tony Robbins' stuff.

Tony has a new book out called The Power to Shape Your Destiny. After that great tag line I just made up, I think I'm going to write a book about the 30 x 5 Challenge: The Power to Re-Shape the Junk in Your Trunk.

So keep at it, and always remember, when you're in Target and your purse feels entirely too heavy, it may be because you forgot that you put a grapefruit in it before work yesterday.






The winner of the book in which I'm a contributor, A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers and Daughters, goes to new blogger
Kathy at KLS'S Korner. Congrats, Kathy! It's always fun to see a new blogger win something. I would autograph it, but my signature would be bigger than my actual contribution, so let's just leave it at that. Thanks again to Five Minutes for Moms for hosting this annual extravaganza.

No comments:

Post a Comment