Thursday, March 5, 2009

Goddess Guide Me

This is a wild little interactive book that I've had for years but haven't looked at in ages. I inherited it from my sister, and it's called Goddess, Guide Me!: Divine Wisdom for Your Head, Heart, and Home by Amy Zerner and Monte Farber. The wisdom of 12 goddesses is divided into head, heart and home. You roll 3 die and come up with your unique combination of advice for the day.

Lately I've been taking in the feedback from The Next Chapter Survey and thinking about the work I want to do in the world, the people I want to help, the magic I want to spread. Most days it's wildly exciting and I'm full of enthusiasm for what's next. And every now and again, usually when I'm tired or have put a tad (or a ton) too much on my plate, I hit that place of overwhelm and need pep talk. That's when I turn to my encouragement box (Thank you again to all of you who have been contributors!) and also to tools of self-reflection, like journaling or tarot.

Today I was inspired to pull out Goddess Guide Me and hear what advice might come my way. Talk about on target! Here's a sampling of the 'stay the course' advice I received.

My Goddess Guide Me Reading - highlights

The Head: Romi Kumu, Goddess of Willpower
Think of yourself
I focus my willpower to realize my dreams and bravely burn away thoughts of compromise and defeat.

The Heart: Eurzulie,
Goddess of Sensitivity
Feel vulnerable
I feel so connected to all-that-is that I can intuitively sense what another is feeling. I protect myself from negativity.

The Home: Diviana, Goddess of Protection
Establish security
I use my intuition to guide my defensive efforts to protect myself and those I care for from whatever threatens growth and learning

What do you do to reconnect with your heart and support yourself when you're feeling down?

No comments:

Post a Comment