Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm Answering Reader Questions Today



Q. Is it too late for me to join in this effort?
A. No. 1:00 AM is too late for a midnight snack, but it is NOT too late to jump on the bandwagon here. Jump right on. Right now. There is no perfect time with perfect conditions, and this is not a Space Shuttle launch. You are merely launching your rear into gear. Just launch it.

Q. Does jumping on the bandwagon count as movement?
A. If jumping on the bandwagon makes your heart flutter, it counts. And I know that I sometimes do have that heart-fluttering effect on people, like I did on Clinton Kelly and Dave Barry, so it's entirely possible.

Here is my chance to show that you I met Dave Barry. It's a day he'll never forget. He still has the tic he's displaying in this photo from when I charged him over the autograph table for the photo op.

Q. Do I have to do all 30 minutes at once?
A. Nope.

Q. Can you see me when I tell you I'm going to exercise but then I don't?
A. Yes, I'm afraid so. I have connections with a certain man at the North Pole. It's called "networking," you naive thing.

Q. What are you doing for your part of our movement pledge?
A. First of all, we should probably stop referring to our effort as a "movement," lest we are suspected of belonging to a militia OR being a research focus group for constipation. However, I am walking/jogging/ellipticizing. And I plan to get a hula hoop. I forget who inspired me to do that, so please, Miss Hula Hooper, come forth and identify yourself in the comments below.

Q. Could you scare me into exercising like Jillian does the people on "Biggest Loser?"
A. Here is my best attempt:










Q. Is your family supportive of your 30 x 5 commitment?
A. Yes. They say things like, "I'm hiding this bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup so that you won't want it."

Q. Are you actually watching Mr. T. on an infomercial right now as you're typing this?
A. Excuse me, it's not an infomercial. It's a cooking demonstration presentation. Featuring Mr. T. And the FlavorWave.

Q. Is it true that when you went to Susanne's blog, "Living to Tell the Story" to encourage her in the 30 x 5 Challenge that the word verification for your comment was indeed "rears?"
A. In the words of Sarah Palin, "You betcha."

Q. Are you seeing any positive results from The 30 x 5 Challenge yet?
A. Stay tuned!

ANY MORE QUESTIONS?

No comments:

Post a Comment