Thursday, March 26, 2009

30 x 5 Update and What Happened When I Kissed My Son






All I can say is, "Wow!" What a great start we had yesterday! I couldn't get around to visit everyone's site, but I sure would love to. And I was so excited when your reports started rolling in. You are all my new heroes.

I'm sharing this picture of a budding tree to make a trite point that millions of people have made before me, but what the heck: We are this tree. We look kinda sketchy just getting started and all, but we hold promise. You'll notice that the one bud in the crook of the limb is kind of more advanced than the others. That would be those of you who exercised AN HOUR on the first day. You have a halo. Or, that bud could represent those of you who simply worked up a sweat, excuse me, I mean "glow."

At any rate, you did not disappoint. Please try to visit a couple of people on the list at the right so that we can encourage each other and build community.

And now I move on to another topic because I just can't be all "leader-y" all the time. I need a break from me.

As I'm writing this, it's actually 10:28 pm Thursday, and I'm sitting with a blanket wrapped around me because I'm cold (this happens a lot at night, kind of like reptiles cooling when the sun goes down).

I'm really wishing I had a Snuggie right now because I'm rolling all over this blanket in my desk chair and tolerating make-do sleeves, which now that I've been enlightened that blankets with sleeves exist, I know I should not have to do without one. Did I tell you my college son and his dorm mate ordered Snuggies? Just because they think they're ridiculous.

Oh, my son. He is a piece of work. When he was here for his birthday, as he left, his dad said, "Hug your mother." So Jordan stopped, and I hugged him, and he tolerated me like I was a blanket with no sleeves. I mean he was just waiting for the moment to end, while I was hanging onto every moment and remembering how sweet he was when I would pick him up from his naps, etc.

Anyway, something possessed me to kiss the boy, which I haven't done since, like, 1992, and when I released my hug hold on him to back up slightly to kiss him, he juked me. Yes, you read that right.

For those of you like me: "Juke" = mislead, distract the opponent by making a planned diversion (in football); fake, perform a diversionary tactic, feint; move in a zigzag manner.

He zig zagged to escape and ended up with a big ol' kiss planted awkwardly and yet precisely on his right eye.

He said, "Oh, ugh! You kissed my eye!"

Immediately I remembered Lucy's rant, ""Auugh! Get hot water! Get some disinfectant! Get some iodine!"

But I checked the sarcasm and said, "If you hadn't been in such a hurry to ditch your mom, you would've had a kiss on the side of the face, like a normal person."

We are a warm and happy family.



But from now on, I'm going to treat Zoe with a little more respect when she kisses me. Even if it's on my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment