Tuesday, March 24, 2009

More on the 30 x 5 and Commentary on Biggest Loser



Guys [Translated: Y'all]-- There are about 40 + of us doing this, and I anticipate we'll add a couple more! Imagine yourself sitting in a full classroom right now. Everyone sitting at a desk would represent a person doing the 30 x 5! Woo to the hoo!

So, yeah, this starts tomorrow. Not Monday. Not April 1st. Nope, right smack dab in the middle of the week, this week. Because you know what? If we keep waiting until the right time, whenever that is, we might put it off until the economy bounces back or until we're all living weightless in space, which we know is not realistic. I mean, we're talking trillions.

Anyway.

Remember: All it is is 30 mins. of any kind of movement for at least 5 days per week for two weeks. Then we're going to link up and talk about it. Because that's what we bloggers do. We talk about it. I think we'll learn from each other and learn more about ourselves. But I don't want to plant seeds.

Here is a list of participants. You should go say, "Hi! I'm doing this, too!" *EDIT: I'm now adding people to the sidebar list.


Biggest Loser Notes











OK, so, Tara, in the green there, I thought was a bit cocky in the beginning. My respect has grown leaps and bounds. The woman is a powerhouse. A brick house. A wrecking ball. And last week and this week, she took some hard hits from teammates and kept on ticking ... like the bomb she is. Go, Tara. You may have a potty mouth at times, but you deserved that $10,000 that you were robbed of.


Which brings me to this one. Helen. Initially, because of her age, she was a sentimental favorite of mine. Favorite no longer. A teensy bit mean-spirited and over-confident. Annoying. Helen, just because you say something with a smile doesn't make it OK. And you were mean to Tara. Now she is going to eat you alive. And she will probably giggle like you when she does it.



Running a close 2nd for Most Annoying Contestant is Filipe, who makes strange noises and swings from over-ebullient to King of Meltdowns at times.






This is Kristin. She is the first woman to lose 100 lbs on the air on BL. She's a hoot to listen to and seems to be genuinely nice. She's my other fave.






This is Ron, the dad of Mike, an 18 year-old who has lost over 100lbs. However, the usually affable Ron did indeed jokingly call Mike an idiot tonight for choosing the wrong trainer for the rest of the season. Harsh, Dad! And what I still do not understand about the show is why Ron was chosen to participate because although he certainly is a compelling contestant, his weak knees and shoulders hinder every. single. challenge. This is not the show for him, in my opinion.

These are my yogurt lids that I'm mailing in to the Biggest Loser Pound for Pound Challenge. When I started saving them, I didn't even register the link with BL. I was just eating a ton of yogurt and felt guilty every time I'd lick the lid and pitch it. The guilt got to me, and I saved them up and sent them in. So I guess Yoplait donates $.10 per lid to hunger relief or something. I'm not sure. I just succumbed to guilt, that's all.

At any rate, I am totally into this show, pulling for all of the people, laughing at crazy Bob and scary Jillian, and wishing I could get away for a month or so and work on my bod. But that's not gonna happen. So tomorrow, it's the 30 x 5 for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment