Sunday, May 22, 2011

Newt, maybe you should join Mitch.




Can someone explain to me how someone running for President on a fiscally conservative platform can manage to owe a jewelry company over a half a million dollars? I need someone to explain it to me because Newt didn't do a very good job of it on Face The Nation, today.

"For the first time, Newt Gingrich addressed reports regarding his wife’s financial disclosure forms, which revealed a debt ranging from $250,000 to $500,000 to premier jewelry company Tiffany & Co.

He did not disclose what he and his wife purchased at the jewelry store, arguing that he is 'very frugal' and lives debt-free.

'We're private citizens,' Gingrich said today on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” 'I work very hard. We have a reasonably good income. I currently owe nothing except I owe one mortgage on a house that's a rental property in Wisconsin. Everything else is totally paid for. My home is paid for, my cars are paid for. We don't have a separate house. We don't do elaborate things.'

“You’re running for president, you’re going to be the guy in charge of the Treasury Department and it just sticks out like a sore thumb,” host Bob Schieffer said.

But Gingrich said that in fact, his financial situation would be a good example for the government to follow.

'I’m the guy running for president who pays for all of his bills and after tax income and at no cost to the taxpayer, and who currently owes nothing except one rental property in Wisconsin,' he said. 'I am debt free. If the U.S government was debt free as I am, everybody in America would be celebrating.'

Earlier in the week, Gingrich refused to answer questions regarding the account, saying Tuesday on Fox News that he would not engage in 'trivial pursuit.”'
[Article]



"I currently owe nothing". Splitting hairs as usual, Newt? What about the thousands of dollars you owe in taxes on a bunch of your companies in at least four states? Yeah I know I know, "trivial pursuit."



Finally, I see that yet another republiclown candidate decided not to take on O. I swear this field is getting thinner than Vanna White's arms. Vanna, it's called food! You should try it sometime. But I digress.



The republiclowns are bumming, he was the last great hope of the true believers who had a shot at winning in the general election. Now they have to depend on Mitt, Newt, Tim, Michelle, and the rest of the gang that can't shoot straight.



Personally, I didn't see the big deal with Mitch Daniels. He is just another flip- flopping poli-trickster who will do whatever it takes to get elected. I am glad he listened to his wife and decided not to run. (Something about an embarrassing incident back in the early nineties.) I am guessing that he would have regretted it.





















No comments:

Post a Comment