Tuesday, May 31, 2011

If you can't make it....

Hello readers! I want to start this post off by letting you all in on a little secret. Or perhaps a misconception, if you will. If you're a junker, then you already know this and can skip down to the next paragraph...Junkers are very clever, resoursceful people. We can pull rabbits out of hats. We make things out of other "things" that most people would discard. Give us some string (vintage, of course!) a couple rusty hinges and some dried out barnwood and we've got the makings of the most gorgeous bar, hoosier cabinet, or bench you've ever seen! Did I mention, some of us exaggerate a bit? Anywho, when we can't make it or find it....we buy it!

Case in point:






I have long been pining for one or many of these curvy French-style chairs. The vintage variety seem to be almost non-existent here in NDWOJ (North Dakota world of junk). During a recent stop at a TJ Maxx store, I spotted a pair of these lovelies. The chair gods were smiling down on me!








These girls were already dressed in creamy canvas fabric and bedazzled in swirly, stampy, illegible typography! I didn't have to do a thing to them, except load them into my vehicle and take them home....serendipity!





Graceful, subtle curves....








Distressed in all the right places...









Sigh.....












The resident pooch even gave her nod of approval.






It's my new favorite spot in the house! Her partner is residing upstairs in my sewing/craft room....which you'll get a peek at soon.




Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment