Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend Recap



Friday: Jorge drove to IL to be in a wedding, yes IN a wedding, even at the ripe old age of 47. The kicker: Groom is 27. All groomsmen well over 6 feet tall; Jorge is 5'7". Should be an interesting photo.

Friday night: I ate at Subway by myself. Enjoyed the new orchard chicken salad sandwich. Bought something to wear on my anniversary vacation that is quickly approaching.

Saturday: Cleaned my house and cooked all day. Saturday morning early, did my weekly "longer" run, only to be thwarted by a barking, growling dog run amuck and a motorcyclist who mildly harassed me. You are reading one mean lady at that point.

I posted about my frustration on Facebook and received about 40 comments of people trying to help me arm myself for protection while running.

Saturday night: Jorge returns. I am a grouch.

Sunday morning: Church, Subway with family, where I enjoyed the orchard chicken salad sandwich because overkill is how I roll.

Sunday afternoon: Anniversary pics taken outside until the sky broke open and we were forced inside. As soon as I can share, I will. It was fun. Except that part where we tried to do a dip-kiss like dancers do and I'm lucky to have a skull that is not cracked.

Sunday evening: Life group (or small group, or cell group, whatever your preferred terminology is). Cindy from Girls Group brought me a special surprise to protect me when I run:





A 357 Magnum is impressive but probably too "fumbly" to carry. So I think I'll stick with pepper spray, also given to me by Cindy!

I had never touched a gun before this, and did not know how to hold it. Then the group made me go outside and pose with it. Someone snuck a video. We live exciting lives here in Muncie.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment