Monday, June 14, 2010

Home Stretch

This is the fourth-to-last of the indigo and caramel baskets.  I had a very hard time getting this one made tonight.  I kept getting confused as to which of my indigos corresponded with Piecemeal's pink, red, yellow, light blue, dark blue, and green!  Plus I had no extra background fabric whatsoever, so I dared not make any kind of an error.  At last it is done, and Blackberry seems to like it just fine.

I've been thinking about the lay-out for these blocks.  I had pretty much assumed I would make five rows of five blocks each, set on point, with some sort of other fabric as the alternate.  That is the layout I'm committed to for the Baskets for Bill.  But do I want two basket quilts with the same lay-out?  I'll have enough for a queen size quilt.  I've looked at Piecemeal's suggested layout and while I like it just fine, I'm afraid that there is already too much going on with these blocks -- many made by different people with many different fabrics -- to go with that particular lay-out.  I'll have to think it through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment