Sunday, June 20, 2010

Optimus Prime Papercraft



This model was downloaded from paper-replika.com, designed by Julius Perdana. Consist of 5 released parts, and i ve made 4 of them(I hope i can make the fifth in couple weeks later). They are Head and Part 2a-2c. I made this Optimus long time ago, and i m not really satisfied with the result. Couple weeks ago i made an amelioration of my Optimus Prime. It is impossible for me to make another Optimus!!It needs many papers and the most important thing was, it will spent my time a lot...

The amelioration was started with the body, since the color is not printed correctly, i painted it with water based color paint. It was so difficult (with my lack painting ability) and inefficent thing, but i think i ve made it :). I strengthtened the body by adding some rolled and thick paper. I need my Optimus stand for many years later.

The body was ameliorated, but how was the head?It was immposible to repair my Optimus's head. I made a lot of mistakes when i built the head, so i made the new one. Fully painted, and believe it or not, the new one is "limited waterproof". I think combination of water based color paint and clear aerosol spray make it.

Now you can compare, my old Optimus Prime Papercraft and the new one....

No comments:

Post a Comment